EMPOWERED Solutions: Cold Climate Air Source Heat Pumps—Efficacy and Building ReadinessLearn about the benefits of switching to a heat pump and how to maximize your investment through cost effective weatherization.
View the Webinar:
You can also access this EMPOWERED Solutions webinar series in the free learning management system, CleanEnergyTraining.org. Each recorded webinar is broken up by presentation to make it easier for you to listen in to the topics that you are most interested in. Make it a lunch and learn! Click here to sign up.
Heat pump technology has been around for years. Today improved technology, the move toward building electrification, and new funding sources are rapidly increasing consumer demand. Heat pumps are now successfully used in all areas of the country. Discover how heat pumps are transforming buildings in cold climates, including multifamily and commercial buildings. Learn about the benefits of switching to a heat pump and how to maximize your investment through cost effective weatherization.
- Weatherization strategies that can improve the return on investment of heat pumps
- Case studies of heat pumps performing well in multifamily/commercial buildings in cold climates
- Where to go to learn more about the technology and available incentives
- Jamie Kono, Research Engineer, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (Moderator)
- Kevin Frost, Energy Engineer, Slipstream
- Jon Harrod, Project Manager, Halco Energy
- Jackie Montesdeoca, Director of Building Electrification, Elevate
- Interstate Renewable Energy Council Slides
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Slides
- Slipstream Slides
- Elevate Slides
- Halco Energy Slides
- HVAC – Cold Climate Heat Pump Sizing. This module goes over the specifics that make air source heat pumps considered suitable for cold climate regions, how these heat pumps have been sized traditionally, and how these heat pumps are currently sized and selected.
- Advancements in ASHP (Slipstream)
- Building Science Education (DOE, Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy)
- Building America Solution Center (DOE, Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy)
- Better Buildings Solution Center (DOE)
- Heat Pumps: A Practical Solution for Cold Climates (RMI)
- Even in Frigid Temperatures, Air-Source Heat Pumps Keep Homes Warm From Alaska Coast to U.S. Mass Market (National Renewable Energy Laboratory)
- The State of Commercial Electrification (Slipstream)
- Case Study: Affordable Housing in Chicago (Elevate)
- Technical Information: Variable Refrigerant flow (Slipstream)
- Does Your Electrification Project Require a Service Upgrade? (Green Building Advisor)
- BENEFIT (Buildings Energy Efficiency Frontiers & Innovation Technologies) Project (ICAST)