Clean Energy Clearinghouse
No matter where you find yourself in your career, all clean energy stakeholders—from authorities having jurisdiction (AHJs), fire departments, clean energy contractors, manufacturers and suppliers, electric utilities, testing labs, building owners, facility managers, and others—will benefit from current and timely information relevant to their professions.
Renewable energy, electric vehicle charging, grid-enabled and advanced building products, and energy storage systems are just a few of the technologies you might be hearing about, or even seeing in your community.
This new Clean Energy Clearinghouse offers access to free educational resources and CEU bearing courses to make sure you have the information you need, when you need it. The Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC) in partnership with the International Code Council, International Association of Electrical Inspectors, National Association of State Fire Marshals, Slipstream, FSEC Energy Research Center, Southeast Energy Efficiency Alliance, and Pacific Northwest National Laboratory assembled these resources to provide you with up to date, reliable, vetted information and training related to existing and emerging technologies.
Clean Energy Educational Resources
Educational resources are hosted on the Sustainable Energy Action Committee site.
Current resources include:
- Energy Storage Systems: Based on the IBC, IFC, IRC and NEC
- EMPOWERED Solutions: Free online webinar series on distributed energy resources for building operators, managers, and safety officials.
- Electric Vehicle Charging Safety Course
- Vehicle-to-Home Charging: Can I Power My House With My Car?
- Net Zero Buildings Week: Clean Energy Resources from Industry Leading Organizations
- Recap: The Basics of Energy Storage and Beyond
- Energy Storage Basics for AHJs and Beyond Webinar
- Solar PV Systems: Job Aids for a Consistent Plan Review Process
- Preparing to Inspect Your First PV System
- Inspecting the Building of the Future
- Distributed Energy Resource Codes and Standards
- A Checklist for Building Owners Considering Solar Energy
- Electric Vehicle Charging for Building Owners
- Efficient and Accurate Validation of PV and Energy Storage System Designs: An Introduction to SolarAPP+
Stay tuned for resources about:
- Energy storage safety
- Electric vehicle charging safety
- Interactive database of clean energy-related codes
- Vehicle to Grid (V2G) technology
- High efficiency building envelopes
- Smart inverters
- Building automation
CEU Bearing Clean Energy Courses
FREE CEU bearing clean energy courses are hosted on the IREC Learning Management System.
Current courses include:
- Plan Review of Residential Rooftop PV Systems
- How to Use SolarAPP+ for Rooftop Solar Projects
- How to Use SolarAPP+ for Solar and Storage Projects
- Inspecting a SolarAPP+ System
- Inspecting a SolarAPP+ System: PV + Energy Storage
- Solar PV Field Inspection Basics – Training Series (Includes inspections of residential rooftop and ground-mounted systems; energy storage systems; commercial carport)
- Solar PV Safety for Firefighters
- Permitting & inspection of electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE)
- Permitting & inspection of energy storage systems
Bookmark this page and check back frequently. It will be continuously updated and we hope it will become your go-to place to learn about clean energy technologies, how to ensure safe operation of equipment and systems, associated safe work practices, and applicable codes.
Need more information, have questions, feedback, or suggestions for future resources? Contact us at [email protected].